Potty Training...I NEED HELP



I need tips with Potty Training.  My daughter will be two next week and I thought we were heading in a good direction.  We received a potty for her 1st birthday and put it in our bathroom so it would encourage her to mimic what she sees mommy doing.  Well that worked for a while.  She would sit on the toilet, but she would never use it.  She'd always wants to wipe herself and get up and flush the toilet, but still no luck actually using the toilet.  One time she did pee pee in the potty and I screamed so loud and was so overjoyed I think it scared her, because she has not used it since.

I kept trying to force her to use the potty because I wanted to keep a routine.  I was hoping that we would have this routine every morning and evening when we got home, because I cant be with her throughout the day because I work.  I think in my effort to keep this routine, I pushed my baby too hard because one day she just flat out told me, "Mommy, I don't want to."  I felt so bad, as if I pushed her so hard that she was no longer excited about using the potty.  I had totally taken the fun out of being a big girl and she didn't want to do it anymore, so instead of using the potty she used it as a foot stool to brush her teeth.

I laid off because I certainly didn't want my baby to not ever want to use the potty again.  Two weeks ago when she woke up, she was about to get in the tub and she told me she had to potty.  She sat down on the potty and she actually pee'd!!!  How exciting!!!  We sang our little song..Pee Pee in the Potty!!! Pee Pee in the Potty!!! Encouraged her and gave her so much praise for using the potty.  I was hoping this would be the beginning of her wanting to use it, but she has not used it since.

What am I doing wrong?  Please help me.  I need advice on how to potty train my baby.  I know she will do it when she's ready, but is there anyway I can help her along the way?

Mommy In Need

Comments

Popular Posts