DIY Headband Holder

My 2 year old has really been into her appearance lately.  I'm not sure if this is normal for most 2 year olds,  but mine likes to pick out her own shoes and clothes in the morning.  She's very much a girly girl...totally opposite of me as a little girl, but i love it.

She has tons of headbands and loves wearing them with her outfits.  I'm always looking for ways to organize her hair accessories so its easy for us to find them in the mornings.  I decided to make this custom headband holder for all of her headbands and inside the container I've stored all of her hair accessories: bows, hair ties, hair barrettes, etc.  Her room is sage green with pink and purple accents, so I played off of those colors while decorating her headband holder.

Items used:

  • Empty Oatmeal Container (be sure to clean it out first)
  • Construction Paper
  • Scissors
  • Spray Adhesive Glue
  • Ribbon (optional)

Instructions:

  1. Take the construction paper and wrap around the empty oatmeal container. Take a pencil and draw a line where the bottom of the box meets the paper
  2. Use your scissors and cut the line you drew on the construction paper
  3. Use the adhesive glue and spray the construction paper
  4. Place the paper on the container, be sure to line it up evenly with the top and bottom of the container
  5. With the left over construction paper, cut out a circle to place on the lid of the container
  6. I made a bow out of ribbon to sit on the top the lid. You can view this tutorial for instructions on how to create your bow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNwLVZc_VN4


PLEASE NOTE: I used spray adhesive glue because my construction paper was fairly thick, if you use regular construction paper, you can use an Elmer's Glue stick instead.



























Comments

Popular Posts