Its been a while....a lot has changed

Wow its been a while and I'm still getting orders for Doc McStuffin's birthday parties so if you have supported me these past 5 years...Thank you!  Since we last caught up my family has changed drastically, we have welcomed twin girls into our lives.  As I look back over my previous posts I feel that I spoke this into existence:)  I read a post that I wrote when I was pregnant with my 2nd daughter and I mentioned that she could come on her sisters birthday although that would be 3 weeks earlier than her due date and thats exactly what happened.  This pregnancy I remember speaking with my best friend before we had our first ultrasound and I said what if its twins and sure enough it was!  Although my husband and I were nervous then we couldn't be more happy with these two bundles of joy!  I delivered both girls vaginally at 34 weeks 5 days (I was determined and I still look back at that experience and Thank God that everything went according to our plan).  Twin A was delivered at 11:38pm and Twin B was delivered at 11:46pm.  We almost had twins with different birthdays.  I remember everyone encouraging me and supporting me to keep pushing and all I kept thinking was, I just delivered a whole baby...give me a minute.  For most people they would be done after delivering one baby, but I had to deliver another baby and two placentas.  To say I was exhausted would be an understatement.

Due to the girls coming 5 weeks early they were placed in the NICU for 11 long days.  It was such a difficult time for me because I had my two oldest girls at home with Dad and I couldn't be there for them.  They were in good hands but as their mom I wanted to be there.  My husband is such an amazing support and I was able to stay with the twins in the NICU the entire time never leaving their side and making sure I was pumping and feeding around the clock so they could build their strength and get out of there.  I'm so thankful for my amazing support system, my mom always steps in when I need her and she was able to assist my husband with the girls making sure they had everything they needed for school and were all set for picture day.  


We couldn't wait for the twins to get home.  We were all so thankful when they were finally released to come home but little did we know life as we once knew it would be over.  Stay tuned to learn more about our life with twins.  If you're on instagram follow us @the_plair_twins


Comments

Popular Posts