10 Twin Must Haves

10 Twin Must Haves


1.  NoseFrida - the best snot sucker around!  Just make sure you get two and label them so you know whose is whose.

2.  Double Strollers - (I have a few strollers, when the girls were infants I used the Baby Trend Universal Double Snap-N-Go Stroller Frame and their carseats easily snapped into it so I was ready to go.  As they've gotten older, I use my Joovy Scooter double stroller or my Graco Ready to Grow double stroller.   You don't need all 3 but having a double stroller is a MUST!



3.  CocoonCam - Baby Monitor and Breathing Monitor that you can monitor on your mobile devices.  The great thing about this device is even when I'm traveling on business, I can still monitor the girls and speak to them through the app.


4.  8 Panel Play Yard - Once those twins become mobile, you will definitely want to confine them to a space because they can and will destroy your home.  This allows me to keep all of their toys and them in a safe space while I tend to other things.


5.  Twin Bassinet & Playpen - this was extremely helpful when the babies were infants.  When we came home from the hospital, I wanted the girls to be close so I could keep a close eye on them.  While they were in the NICU, I stayed by their side the entire time and I just couldn't bare with them being in the other room away from me.  I placed the bassinet right next to my side of the bed so when I needed to get up for feedings in the middle of the night, I didn't have to go too far.  


6.  Moby Wrap - there were days where I literally carried both girls around in the wrap all day.  We enjoyed some much needed skin to skin and bonding time while wearing the Moby wrap.  Now the down side as they got bigger, they became too big to carry both in the wrap but I got a lot of use out of it in the beginning stages.


7.  Twin Z Pillow - this was good for nursing both babies at once, but it was also good for just laying the girls on while I got other things done.  The girls are now one and I still use this pillow.  More so for them to have a little cushion while they're drinking their milk in the mornings. Not to mention this pillow could definitely be repurposed as a body pillow if you're planning on having more kids after your twins (its super comfy) 😊


8.  Manual Breast Pump - If you're a breastfeeding mom like myself, you will definitely want to get a hand pump.  Nursing two babies at once you have to be ready to nurse at all times.  The hand pump was beneficial for me as I was traveling so I didn't miss a beat.  I could pump on the go and didn't have to worry about plugging up my electric pump.  


9.  Two Cribs - They don't have to be the most expensive cribs but trust me you will save yourself a lot of trouble at night with two cribs.  My girls slept in the same bed for about 5 months.  The bigger they got the more moving they did throughout the night.  If one baby woke up, she'd wake up her sister.  Having them in separate cribs made late night wake up sessions a lot easier and we're able to quickly put the baby back to sleep. 


10.  2 High Chairs - With twins there is no feed my twin while I sit patiently and watch.  You almost need 4 arms to feed both babies.  Having two high chairs will come in handy.  I have two Babytrend 3 in 1 High chairs.  The great thing about it, it comes with a removable tray because you will need it with two messy babies.  Plus it will make clean up time a lot faster.  




Comments

Popular Posts